Michelin CrossClimate+ : Arm yourself for every weather condition
The Michelin CrossClimate has proven a market success story since its launch in 2015.
A genuine game-changer, it has created a new category of tyre that uniquely meets the needs of consumers, fleets and dealers.
It has answered the question of how to cope with ever-changing weather conditions, not only in the UK, but throughout Europe. And also benefits dealers with Michelin’s ‘Geobox’ stock solution; fewer sizes to hold with greater market coverage.
So why change the offer ? Why change a winning formula ?
This technical bulletin highlights and explains the new CrossClimate+ range
Mileage At High Level To Benefit From Safety & Mobility Until The Last Mile
- Lasts even longer than MICHELIN Energy Saver+, best-in-class in its Summer market category
- Lasts 25% longer than average Premium All Season market
Safety In Every Weather Condition For Added Peace Of Mind
- In summer, brakes on dry roads like a summer tyre.
- Provides excellent grip on wet roads in every weather condition, in summer and winter with a wet grip label as good as or better than 70% of the Premium Summer market.
- The drop from A to B represents only a small performance change.
- In winter, is approved for use in snow conditions.
Mobility On Snow From The First To The Last Mile
- When new, offers the same level of snow traction as major premium All Season tyres.
- Snow traction for worn CrossClimate+ tyres is equivalent to premium All Season tyres when they are half-worn.
So What’s Changed?
- CrossClimate+ improves on an already Award Winning product range (MICHELIN CrossClimate).
- CrossClimate+ receives the latest generation Michelin tread compound, providing safety and grip for longer and is ideally suited to UK winter conditions.
- CrossClimate+ provides consumers & fleets with a better all-around product and affirms Michelin’s “Total Performance” approach to tyre development and innovation for the benefit of all.
- Michelin CrossClimate+ should ideally be fitted in axle pairs, with new tyres to the rear.
- However it is legal and acceptable to mix with a single CrossClimate on the same axle, although it would not be Michelin’s recommendation.
CROSSCLIMATE/CROSSCLIMATE+/CROSSCLIMATE SUV RANGES
CrossClimate will continue to be produced in 14″ dimensions, manufactured here in the UK
- The CrossClimate SUV continues unchanged with 8 new sizes launched in 2017
- Introduction of CrossClimate+ in January 2017 with 41 CAI’s in CrossClimate+ by year end
- CrossClimate+ will be sold globally by Michelin, giving more consumers the opportunity to experience the benefits of this range.